Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Severe Office Space Days!

Has anyone had a severe Office Space days? You know, those days where you get almost the same opinion as Ron Livingstons' character, to where you "just won't go". That's kind of where I'm at right now. I'm sitting here listening to conversations and pointless things about people communicating their life experiences, and praying to God that someone will care.
In my immediate vicinity, it is filled with people who doubt themselves and can be the utter dregs of humanity. From conversations talking about the latest viral video from the web, to problems with the their families, all these things drive me up the damn wall.
We go down the row from me, we've got the disenfranchised goth/touchy feely kid. This young gentleman just calls into work and says "I'm emotionally not well enough to work today". He's constantly late, and comes into work whenever he wants. I am still amazed why they haven't canned him other than they just can't find anyone else for this job.
From there, We've got one of the most dim witted human beings that I have had the unfortunate chance to meet. This guy is constantly telling people about his failed marriage and relationships problems with fat girls. He is entirely nerdcore.
Then, the girl that is my nemesis. Think of Nina (again from Office Space), "Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment...". Imagine you hear that the entire day. Her shrill voice is like that a wailing banshee. Not just those hot kind of banshee's, but imagine some overweight girl who says "I was good looking, but my medication caused me to gain weight". Yeah, right. Every time she has a problem that she cannot fix (which is quite often), she in a boisterous voice that only fat girls have, she yells for a lead. At night, when I sometimes can sleep, I have a nightmare where she's yelling out people's names, in some demonic mouseketeer role call. Also, she also seems to have befriended many who are many of the disenfranchised employees. These people seem to need to always need to talk to her, about the most pointless conversations.
All in all, my job is one of the most demoralizing things out there. On the phone, I talk to people who think that their time is more important than anyone elses. The employees are a cornucopia of high school computer nerds, and people with such low self esteem that they make strippers look like career orientated go-getters. It's getting to the point where I think that I'm going to lose it, just like Ron Livingston in good ol' Office Space....

No comments: