Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A blast from....the future!?

Okay, there are many things about my childhood that I've forgotten. I've recently re-discovered a memory. This was all sparked when I noticed that T-shirt hell, had new t-shirts. This brought back the memory of one thing I actually loved in my childhood, but now I can't fathom why... The California Raisins.


Now, when I was young. I tried to collect all the California Raisins figurines. To this day, I no longer understand why. I don't know if my young mind just couldn't comprehend the advertising bull crap, or what. However, this campaign is by and large one of the most successful advertising things to this date.

Enter 2008. Then, I saw this from T-shirt hell.


Now, I suddenly remember how much money I spent on a useless advertising gimmick when I was young, and pretty much made currently feel like I'm the raisin being currently raped by the sunglasses clad raisin pictured.

This should go to show, that everything from your childhood isn't necessarily good.

2 comments:

Jeff S. said...

That shirt is funny but shouldn't it say "Raisin Rape" if its a reference to the California Raisins? They aren't dates. Also, why does that raisin have butt cheeks?

Spacecat Power said...

That's what the California Raisins had? They all had butt cheeks!