Monday, September 15, 2008

Practical joke for the month...

Now, I'm not a fan of recognition. Me personally, I think it's worthless and as pointless and a small dog wearing a sweater. However, corporations love recognition and awards. Here's my practical joke at work. I have a pretty good working relationship with the management above me, so when the annual hall of fame (called "Wall of Shame", by yours truly) e-mail came around. I thought of doing something to mess with the process.
Everyone has that guy at work, who thinks they know everything, is socially retarded, and is generally a pain to be around. I decided to rig the vote. Here's the deal. Whomever gets the Wall of Fame vote must then go to lunch with management and talk about stuff. Of course, this forces them to go to lunch and listen to him run his mouth. The mental image of my immediate superiors having to go to lunch with him is hilarious, in and of itself. There's a bonus though. His nemesis is having to go on this trip with them.
I started sending out several instant messages trying to rig the election, and so far I think I've got all my co-workers on board. Only a handful know the true motives behind it all... Now, I know what you're thinking. It's a damn shame that someone who deserves to be recognized won't because of my little gag. The simple fact, is that I don't care! This will keep me going for the rest of the month. I can't keep some asshole out of the white house, so this is my way of fighting the man. So, call it what you will, but I love a good joke...

No comments: