Monday, January 12, 2009

Forwards, the downfall of society....

I cannot tell you how much I hate the internet forward. They're really pointless once you dissect them. I've been getting these in abundance from my Father. He's magically been using computers for the last 3 years, more and more. In his technological savvy state, he's hitting forward on everything my aunts send him. Sometimes, I want to ask him, "Do you really believe most of this crap?" Here's a couple of the ones I got over the last few days:

To make you smile!


Revenge is sweet



Golf for Beginners





A Jolly Good Recovery



<>
How men screw up romance


























Pass this along to those
That need a little laugh





















_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This Email message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
patient health information that is legally protected. This information
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing
this information to any other party unless required to do so by&n bsp;law
or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated
need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action
taken in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this information in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete the
message from your system.





This is the kind of stuff I've been getting from him. The reason why they're so useless is the same reason, that you're probably reading this blog. See with advent of the web, the written word has no credibility or point anymore. Any slack jawed yokel, can write something to print, and everything in print is no longer fact.

I remember getting some of these e-mails and one of them indicated that the decline of the US was because that our leaders don't pray, or some crap like that. While, I do with that if someone was inclined to religious belief, I'd hope they pray. That in no way has anything to do with the decline that the US is currently facing.

I still have problems using Wikipedia as a reference as well anything on the web. The web is just one big hype machine. You use it to get your point across whether it's correct or not. Most of the data is easily manipulated, and can be changed. There are several cases where something was miss-printed on the web, and the company changed it when legal action came about. Many of these cases wouldn't have any evidence if it wasn't for PC's and google caching information on the sites you visit.
Second of all, The reason these e-mails are composed are to either A) Entertain or B) Try and enlighten. Let's say that I have a liberal view of gay marriage. Someone sends me an e-mail highlighting why gay marriage is wrong. What am I going to say, "Wow! You're right country bumpkin Joe! I am completely wrong and I'm going to change my life!" No, no person in their right mind would ever do that, and it's stupid to think that people would do that. So, what's the friggin' point of your damn emails! I get these things all with different points to them. From Sexual Orientation advice/bashing, to what kind of car to buy.

So, in other words, they're all just spam waiting to be deleted. Let's just stop the forwards people!

No comments: