Monday, March 30, 2009

I guess some things need clarifying...

Apparently, I've been told that some of my family that reads my comments have miss-understood my earlier post. The overall tone of my article is as it relates to me, and no one else. Let me clarify. I, in no way shape or form called anyone a bigot, by name. The overall message was lost, and I got many voices of concern stated.
The behavior of commenting on women, or their attractiveness, is not something that I do. I don't really understand it. A person, is a person, is a person. I don't go out of my way to look at them, and I don't give it any thought to it.
The overall article is commentary on how the previous generation is, and how it relates to the next, and how I might be missing that context or am losing humanity in that regard.
Have I caught my family saying some colorful and what I would term as racist remark. I won't lie and say that it hasn't happened. I am in no way naming people here, or giving specific examples. It's just a principal and context of that generation. It's the way people were raised back then. One that I can't agree with.
I apologize if anyone took offense or felt that they were slighted or named or made fun of. That was not my intent. My sole purpose was to mention how I just do not understand the previous generation, and had to voice it.
The purpose of a blog, is that it's a running update. A place that someone can give their views, or news, or post something topically. Some people just view it as a way to post family news, or things that don't really start conversation, which is what I am not about. I'm not about the frills, with the exception of movies, that's my one vice. I do not converse with everyone on a day to day basis, nor would you probably WANT me to.
Again, my apologies to any family that might be reading this blog. This is how I see the world, and I won't say that you and I, or others would see the same thing. There wasn't anything in the slightest bit of hatred. I do love all the characters in my family, and they're a colorful sort. I just don't understand them most of the time.

No comments: